Monday, April 11, 2011

Kiddo special- Oat-raisins butter cookies

My daughter is not happy with oat porridge. So I was in a dilemma about how to give her oat, so that she won't refuse to eat. I tried to make these cookies and my first trial clicked very well. I did not use all purpose flour. Instead of that I used common wheat flour. The result was so yummy that the dozen cookies I had made did not even last a day. Now I have to prepare a big second batch of cookies.
Ingredients

* 1 cup Raw Oats (coarsely powder)
* 3 tbsp Butter
* 30 g Green Raisins
* 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
* 20 g Wheat flour
* 3 tbsp Sugar
* 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda

Directions

Sieve oat powder, wheat powder and baking soda together, mix cut butter in it. Add raisins in it. Make a dough mixing all ingredients. If it feels too dry, mix half tablespoon buttermilk in it. make cookies and Bake for 15 to 20 min. Now enjoy with a cup of black coffee.

5 comments:

  1. LOOKS SO GOOD! Are they chewy and do they stay that way? Do you have a tip on how to keep your cookies soft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. क्या कहें हिन्दी में होता तो कुछ कहते भी!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - So lovely they look that I want one of those..or two..or more..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oats raisins and butter cookies looks delicious. Thanks for visiting my space. You have a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sons just loves this! yummmmm it looks..

    ReplyDelete

Like