Friday, June 8, 2012

Monsoon

"Monsoon" - The word itself makes me cool. I love rain a lot. From childhood itself I never missed my first monsoon shower even after my mom's shouting. And after that, hot pakora/samosa/kachori with Masala chai - wow! In India one's diet is related to seasons. With Monsoon lots of festival come and every  festival is unique with its staple food. Its also different from community to community and region to region.

But Pakoda/Samosa and Chai during rain  is same all over in India may be recipe varies from simple pakoda to onion or chilli or veg pakod. There are lots of recipes with variation I love onion, methi and chilli pakoda.

Recipe as I learn from my aai (mom) 

Oil for frying, 
1 cup Gram flour, 
1 medium onion chopped, 
3 chilli chopped, (I love very hot pakoda)
1 tsp coriander leaves chopped, 
Methi leaves (fenugreek) 
salt, sugar  
water for making batter.
Make batter  with all the ingredients (except oil). Once the oil is heated, carefully place in heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil. fry them 3/ 4 min until crispy golden brown. Drain oil and serve with chtani /curd and hot Masala chai.

Though house hold food is more hygienic but I love to eat this on street with loved ones in the rain. 















1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete

Like